Britons have £10bn worth of unworn clothes in wardrobes says survey

The research, from Weight Watchers, said this adds up to £10 billion in wasted spending, or £200 per adult.The reason most of the clothes are kept and not returned to stores within the allowed returns period is that they were bought with the intention of being worn once the purchaser has lost weight. Or they were bought before the buyer put on extra weight. But it seems the weight loss goal wasn’t reached and the now-unreturnable items simply don’t fit.

The company spoke to 1,000 women and the same number of men and a quarter of them said they still intend to wear the redundant items once they’ve shed some weight. But clearly that leaves a much bigger number admitting that the clothes will never be worn.In fact, overall women wear only 55% of the clothes that they own with the remaining 45% being worth £5.4 billion across the UK. Evening dresses, skinny jeans and tops head the list of unworn items. As well as those weight loss factor involved in unworn clothing, the presence of eveningwear on the list could mean that women are buying items for an occasion and then not having a similar occasion later that allows them to wear the piece again.Men wear only slightly more (57%) with the left over 43% worth £5.1 billion and led by T-shirts, jeans and jackets. Again, as well as weight loss being a factor, this also suggests that men could be replenishing their T-shirt/jeans hoard but not throwing away or recycling old/past-their-best items.As many as 10% of those surveyed admitted to hanging on to unworn clothes in case they come back into fashion.

Related Posts

ฟินรอเลย NetEase ยันทำคลอด Onmyoji เวอร์ชั่น ENG แน่นอน

ล้างเครื่องรอเลย ใครที่แอบเล็งเกมนี้ไว้ เพราะล่าสุด ค่าย NetEase Games ออกมายืนยันแล้วว่า Onmyoji เกมการ์ดสไตล์อนิเมะแนว turn-based RPG ที่ถูก Facbook ยกให้เป็นเกมมือถือยอดเยี่ยมแห่งปี 2016 กำลังจะมีเวอร์ชั่นภาษาอังกฤษมาให้เล่นกันในเร็วๆ นี้แน่นอน หลังเปิดตัวโกยยอดโหลดทะลุล้าน ประสบความสำเร็จอย่างแรงตั้งแต่วันแรก และพุ่งกระฉูดเกินหลัง 10 ล้านครั้งในเวลาไม่ถึงเดือน จนขึ้นแท่นเบอร์ 1 เกมที่ทำรายได้สูงสุดบนสองสโตร์ของจีนอยู่ในเวลานี้คำพูดจาก สล็อตเว็บตรง NetEase…

ฟินX2 เปิดอีเว้นท์สุดมันส์ SINoALICE ปะทะ NieR- Automata

SINoALICE (シノアリス) ของ Square Enix ยังไม่ทันจะเปิดให้บริการกันเลย แต่มีอีเว้นท์สุดมันส์มารอก่อนแล้ว ล่าสุด Yoko Taro ครีเอทีฟ ไดเร็กเตอร์ของเกมมือถือ RPG เบอร์แรงเกมนี้ออกมาเผยว่า จะมีกิจกรรมคอลลาโบกับ NieR: Automata อีกหนึ่งผลงานเกมที่เจ้าตัวปั้นจนปังดังถล่มทลายอยู่ในเวลานี้ มาให้ฟินกันเป็นสองเท่ากันอย่างแน่นอน ทันทีที่ SINoALICE เปิดให้บริการตามกำหนดที่วางไว้ช่วงฤดูใบไม้ผลิหรือไม่เกินมิถุนายน 2017 แน่นอนเลยอีเว้นท์พิเศษครั้งนี้ นอกจากจะมีบรรดาตัวละครหัวแถวจาก NieR: Automata อย่าง…

พาส่อง 3 โหมด LINE PANGYA ก่อนลุย CBT ประเทศแรก 14 ธ.ค.

เตรียมเมมกันพร้อมยัง LINE PANGYA เกม ตีกอล์ฟ หวดสนั่นมันส์ยกก๊วนเวอร์ชั่นบนมือถือจะเปิดรอบ CBT ให้แฟนเกมไทยได้ทดลองเล่นเป็นประเทศแรกของโลกกันในวันที่ 14-18 ธ.ค. 60 เฉพาะในระบบ Android เท่านั้น สำหรับโหมดที่จะเปิดให้เทสมี 3 โหมด ได้แก่ โหมด Story, โหมด PvP และโหมด Tournament ตามด้วยกิจกรรมอีกเพียบเลย แต่ละโหมดจะสนุกขนาดไหนไปดูกันดีกว่า โหมด Story พบกับการผจญภัยของกลุ่มนักเดินทางชุดใหม่…

ช้าอยู่ใย Kingdom Warriors เกมส์สงครามสามก๊กระเบิดความมันส์แล้ววันนี้

หลังจากมีการเปิดลงทะเบียนล่วงหน้าไปแล้วสักพัก ล่าสุด Kingdom Warriors มังกรดับเพลิงนรก เกมส์มือถือสงครามสามก๊ก MMORPG จากค่าย Snail Games ประกาศพร้อมระเบิดสงครามครั้งใหญ่ทั่วโลกแล้วในระบบ Android และ iOS แล้ววันนี้ ( 4 ก.ค. 2559)คำพูดจาก เว็บ สล็อต Kingdom Warriors ดัดแปลงจากตำนานสามก๊กอันลือลั่นของจีนมาสู่เกมส์แนววางแผนสู้รบ MMORPG สุดยิ่งใหญ่ ซึ่งจะจับเอาเรื่องราวหลังการล่มสลายของราชวงศ์ฮั่นมาขยายต่อ ภายในเกมส์เต็มไปด้วยฉากแอคชั่นของสงครามสุดโหด มีระบบที่หลากหลายมารองรับ ทั้งระบบสงครามกิลด์ขนาด…

Interior Design Ideas For Creating Custom Furniture

We all want gadgets to make our lives easier, specially when traveling abroad or hassle-free home. Traveling is very stressful and companies know this, so shed and…

Introduction To Craps

Whether you’re a newbie on earth of internet gambling or a person already a nice gambler, there are a lot of internet gambling tips permit anyone surely…